It is easy to win hearts when you are blessed with a beautiful smile. Composite bonding London is the ideal choice to correct problems like a chipped or cracked tooth. It is also an excellent option to choose if you want to enhance the shape or the colour of the teeth. But whenever you go for this particular treatment, make sure you are in the hands of skilled and experienced dentists. It is a popular procedure in modern dentistry. It proves effective improving the overall appearance of teeth which in turn automatically boosts your level of self-reliance.
What actually is composite bonding?
It is a dental procedure that involves applying tooth coloured material to the teeth to change their shape, size and appearance. Composite bonding procedure is completed in just a single visit to your dentist whereas dental veneers and crowns require several visits. Compared to many other dental procedures the cost of composite bonding is also quite reasonable. It is a conservative way to enhance the appearance of the teeth. In other words, the procedure involves minimal changes to your existing teeth structure. Last but nevertheless the least the procedure delivers stunning results.
Repairing the bonding is also easy; it does not require any major preparation of the surface of the tooth. Even the adjacent teeth do not require undergoing any preparation either. the procedure brings about amazing results related to the appearance of the tooth without making any significant damage to the existing structure of the tooth. These are the factors that make it one of the most sought-after cosmetic dentistry treatments explains an expert who provides orthodontist consultation in London over the years.
Composite bonding procedure proves useful for the following reasons –
- Making your short teeth appear longer
- Flawless repair of your cracked or chipped tooth
- Improve the overall appearance of discoloured teeth
- Close the gap between adjacent teeth
- Moreover, the procedure also proves helpful in protecting the tooth root when it gets exposed because of receding gums
The benefits that the procedure offers
This procedure offers a number of benefits some of which include the following.
- This proves to be the least invasive procedure to restore your confident smile.
- There are a number of treatment options available.
- Unlike many other cosmetic dentistry procedures this one restores your overall aesthetics as well as proper functionality of your teeth.
- The treatment is easily reversible.
- The entire procedure can be easily completed with just one visit to your dentist or orthodontist.
- The charge at dental lab for this procedure is quite nominal. As a result, the overall cost of the treatment too is easily affordable.
- The procedure can correct problems quite easily.
- It requires minimal drilling and no injection is required. In many cases even no drilling is required.
The composite bonding procedure
Composite bonding procedure can be divided in steps for easy understanding. The first step involves taking quality photos of your teeth. Your dentist knows about your expectations from the treatment in details. Based on the condition of your teeth and your expectations the expert prepares a thorough treatment plan. The aim is to improve both functionality of the teeth and dental aesthetics of a patient says a dentist who quotes reasonable composite bonding cost London. It is your dentist’s responsibility to match the shade of the composite material perfectly with that of your teeth. Flawless matching of shades is important to provide you with your desired results.
Dental composite bonding procedure – preparing the surface of the tooth
The tooth has to be prepared for the composite bonding procedure. This is done by applying an etching substance on the tooth surface. This enables the composite material bond better with the tooth. Also, as a part of preparation a small amount of the outermost tooth enamel is scraped away. The tooth is then polished and cleaned. Then the etching substance is applied. The composite bonding material is then placed on the tooth surface and moulded as per your desired shape.
Aftercare tips and probable risk factors
Composite bonding is one of the most conservative types of cosmetic dentistry procedure. It is also one of the most reasonably priced procedures. On the flip side the filling material used in this procedure is prone to wear away or get chipped off. Restorations made at dental labs like dental crowns and porcelain veneers usually last much longer.
A dentist who charges reasonable teeth bonding cost London says easily lasts anywhere within the range of 3 to 7 years. But it may pick up stains, get discoloured and a dull appearance. Considering these issues, the range of dental restorations is polished, re-contoured and even replaced in course of time.
Average time taken for the procedure
The time required to complete a composite bonding procedure is never uniform; rather it varies from case to case. As a patient your focus must be upon taking the necessary precautions to make the composite bonding last longer. The composite material when bonded to the tooth easily lasts anywhere between five and ten years. But meanwhile this period it may get gradually wear out. In order to restore the bonding patients, require scheduling follow up appointment with practices in course of time.
Few important facts and composite bonding
- The procedure is absolutely free from pain. There is no requirement for anaesthesia to undergo this procedure.
- The procedure does not alter the natural structure of the tooth permanently.
- According to a dentist who offers cheap composite bonding in London, the procedure is suitable for almost everyone.
- With minimal care and maintenance your composite bonded tooth can easily last for years together.
- A section of dental insurance providers considers this procedure in the category of cosmetic dentistry. Thus, not all dental insurances cover this treatment.
Tips for patients
Are you planning to undergo this procedure anytime in near future? If the answer is yes, then here are a few important tips that you must remember.
- You should follow a soft diet for the first 24 hours following the procedure.
- Avoid smoking during the first 72 hours after the treatment.
- Also avoid any food or drink that could stain the teeth during this period.
- If there is any sharp edge on the bonded tooth or any other unnatural feeling you must report the matter to your dentist immediately.
- It is better to avoid consumption of tea, coffee, red wine, soy sauce, colas, blue berries, fresh cherries and such other items for at least 48 hours after the procedure.
A1 Orthodontics is one of the best places for this treatment across entire London. In order to reach here easily just go online and search using strings like “dental bonding cost near me” from anywhere in London.